Sunday, May 06, 2007

5 Party

My dad and James

James' party for being 5 was yesterday. He was VERY excited, which led to a few breakdowns during the day, but for the most part it was a good day. My parents arrived Friday night. And Sat. am my dad and I went shopping at FB. I had never seen it so quiet. The party was good and busy. There were 3 kids James,AJ and Tara and 7 adults. Because really you need that many adults for 3 kids! AJ didn't eat anything but the cake:

Race car cake

The kids really enjoyed this race car track:



but it broke before the end of the day!

My mom and I went to Rustle to see the art, which she enjoyed. I enjoyed showing her our space.

We went out for Indian food in the evening. James did real well. I like that he's at an age where going to a restaurant is stress free. He like the papadums and naan and even ate 1/2 of the meat I ordered for him. He brought a book and a car and was quite happy. My meal was great and certainly cleared my nasal passages!

On Friday and Saturday I felt 'normal' which I haven't for a long time, so that was good.

Today, we have the perogie/cabbage roll meal at Rustle. I may make something Canadian to go with perogies and cabbage rolls, but I don't think I will tackle the main staples. We'll see how the day goes.

James really likes someone to always be plying with him. This seemed to intensify yesterday (though there were a lot more people to oblige him) That can be tiring! But today, he is happily playing alone while I write this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marlene said...

Yum, that looks like a DQ cake. My favourite.

May 6, 2007 at 10:41:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home