Monday, December 25, 2006

Free bird

Al says al my future posts for this week must be about how much sleep I got!
I have not yet had that sleep. The last 2 nights James was up coughing.
He was sooo excited about getting on the plane, I was lucky to get a hug goodbye. I would have posted a pic of their plane, but they had the camera and were through security by the time the plane landed.(the plane had to get in from TO before they could get on)
I am indeed a free bird now. James and Myron's plane left early and landed about 10 minutes early. Their second plane (Toronto-Moncton) will leave in a few minutes.

The other free bird was at Rustle last night

Free bird was happily given out to all who came through the doors. And there was a lot. Some were so overwhelmed they had to put food down their pants. If they had asked I'm sure we'd gladly have given them a bag!

James was so excited about his trip the following day, that I could barely get him to stay at Rustle. But I did get him to stand still in the sweater Aunt Sue knitted for him:


Kim is having her third Chirstmas turkey (at work) today. She makes her Christmas turkey Dec 29 with her family. That's a lot of bird in Kim. No way she's going to be a free bird anytime soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Calia77 said...

My Grandma used to knit me and my brother jumpers like that when we were kids. I loved Thomas!

Christmas is nearly over here - just over 2 hours to go. My guests have left, so I am alone now. But in a good way. I hope that you take advantage of your time as a free bird!

The European way of greeting with a kiss on the cheek has now moved onto us stiff-upper-lip Brits (in answer to your question). It's pretty much the norm now. We had another goodbye after church this morning - I looked at him and said "can we get it right this time?" Could mean anything that!

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas day.

December 25, 2006 at 4:43:00 PM EST  
Blogger seethroughfaith said...

People don't like to ask - they are afraid of a rejecting NO. Next time have the bags handy - if you are serious that people can take extra.

It's wonderful what you're doing. Laughing at your comments about Kim being a free bird .... and all that turkey.

blessings :)

December 26, 2006 at 5:19:00 AM EST  
Blogger Aphra said...

Yes, doggie bags would have been a good idea, in retrospect.

December 26, 2006 at 8:52:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home