When I'm 4
James seems to be putting off things he dislikes for when he is 4. I made leek and potato soup today. He normally likes soups, but of this one he said 'maybe I'll like it when i'm 4'. At least he doesn't completely write it off!
In an interesting twist on learning letters, he came to me with one of his styrofoam letters (a V) and asked 'is this a v?' when I answered in the affirmative, he then presented me with the number 7 lying on it's side and said 'what's this then?'
a little while later he brought me a letter and asked if it was an N. When I answered in the affirmative he then help up another letter and said 'what's this then?' Unfortunately, I had been wrong about the first letter. The first letter was a Z rotated and the second letter was the actual N. Very interesting that he gets rotation now.
Myron has also been teaching him his 'right' and his 'left' of course, this is so he can play his Bob the Builder video game, but nonetheless...
In an interesting twist on learning letters, he came to me with one of his styrofoam letters (a V) and asked 'is this a v?' when I answered in the affirmative, he then presented me with the number 7 lying on it's side and said 'what's this then?'
a little while later he brought me a letter and asked if it was an N. When I answered in the affirmative he then help up another letter and said 'what's this then?' Unfortunately, I had been wrong about the first letter. The first letter was a Z rotated and the second letter was the actual N. Very interesting that he gets rotation now.
Myron has also been teaching him his 'right' and his 'left' of course, this is so he can play his Bob the Builder video game, but nonetheless...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home