Friday, September 23, 2005

Gas prices

In my post below '104.5', I have learned that the people were lined up for gas, not necessarily because they liked the price but are worried about the effect of hurricane Rita on gas prices. It is expected they will spike until it is known if the Texas refineries are damaged or not.

Speaking of cars, I explained to James that Oma and Gadda are going to give us their old car as they have a new car. After he got over the fact that we couldn't have the new car, he has been quite excited about the prospect, even running to the window in the morning to see if they brought it yet!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 23, 2005 at 5:44:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Tammy said...

When I went to work yesterday, just across the street from my work is a gas station and the traffic was so bad I almost couldn't get into work.

When I finally pulled in to work people were telling me how the gas is suppose to go up to almost $2.00.
It was 97.7 yesterday and today, but it was just crazy with people trying to fill up on gas.
Fights were breaking out at one gas station because they had their gas at 94.9 and when they saw how many people were coming to put gas, they put it up to 99.9 and the people waiting to put gas were so mad and fights were breaking out.

It's just crazy.

September 23, 2005 at 5:45:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home