Saturday, May 14, 2005

Care corner

I tried to post yesterday, but the blog seemed to be having some technical issues:(

I took James to the doctor and she said he seemed fine, so that's all good:)

When I took him to the doctor we also visited a department store that sells Thomas the train things. They have a little table set up for kids to play at and James really liked that!

At Church every week there are jobs that you can choose to volunteer for. One of these is the 'Care corner' where you can go to talk, pray or generally be cared for. Myron selected to run that tomorrow and this morning I reminded him that he was going to be doing it. James overheard me and immediately asked if he could go to Church. I was pretty impressed that he made the connection between care corner and Church. (I shouldn't have been surprised but I was surprised that he even knew what the care corner was! Even though he spends most of his time at church colouring and running, he really does pick up a lot)

Another interesting connection I saw James make today was that of 'trading'. He had put a blue happy face ring on my finger and he had a yellow one. He decided he wanted the blue one and suggested we 'trade'. He must have learned that at daycare. Lots of things and children to trade with there!

Marla left today to head back to Oakville before her big trip back to Moncton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home