Walking in water
I woke up early this morning so I could make it to Bethel for the 9am baptism service. I went because one of my students was getting baptized. I was not sure if she was getting baptized in the early service or the late service so I thought I would go for the early one and see how things went. When I arrived at Bethel and received a bulletin, it said that the baptism would be in BOTH services. I was still not sure how this was going to go. The Church was packed. I don't know how many people Bethel seats but it was full. The last time I was there was at Jul's goodbye service, which was also packed. There were lots of students there and I saw Clarence and Lexa and their family as well.
But going back to the baptism, it was explained during the service that some would be baptised it the first service and some in the second, so that explained how they could have a baptism in both.
What they had done, which was neat, was for all the baptismal candidates they had recorded a very professionally done video that told their story. And they showed all those videos for all the candidates (even if they were getting baptized in the second service) I thought that was a really good idea and very well done. My student was getting baptized in the second service but I got to watch her story in the first. The funny thing was that in the first service Anna was getting baptized. Anna is one of James' friends and a classmate until the end of last year. I didn't know her last name until today. That was really neat to see- a good surprise. And they played "Oh happy day at the end"
Because there were so many people, I thought it best not to stay until the next service as the seat would be needed and I had experienced enough.
I thought to be efficient I would stop at Shoppers on my way to Rustle. However, I forgot the tax forms and ended up having to go by Shoppers after Rustle as well. It was a nice day, though still a bit chilly. Not a great hardship.
Jared's dad led the signing and one of the songs that he talked about was a baptism song that they sang when they were in India. Some of the other things that he said was like he had been listening to Mady and my conversation before Church! Good times.
So I left my house at 8:30 and was home at 2:30. I took another nap (I love weekends!) and now am going to vacuum and tackle some more of the taxes before Kim's service starts.
But going back to the baptism, it was explained during the service that some would be baptised it the first service and some in the second, so that explained how they could have a baptism in both.
What they had done, which was neat, was for all the baptismal candidates they had recorded a very professionally done video that told their story. And they showed all those videos for all the candidates (even if they were getting baptized in the second service) I thought that was a really good idea and very well done. My student was getting baptized in the second service but I got to watch her story in the first. The funny thing was that in the first service Anna was getting baptized. Anna is one of James' friends and a classmate until the end of last year. I didn't know her last name until today. That was really neat to see- a good surprise. And they played "Oh happy day at the end"
Because there were so many people, I thought it best not to stay until the next service as the seat would be needed and I had experienced enough.
I thought to be efficient I would stop at Shoppers on my way to Rustle. However, I forgot the tax forms and ended up having to go by Shoppers after Rustle as well. It was a nice day, though still a bit chilly. Not a great hardship.
Jared's dad led the signing and one of the songs that he talked about was a baptism song that they sang when they were in India. Some of the other things that he said was like he had been listening to Mady and my conversation before Church! Good times.
So I left my house at 8:30 and was home at 2:30. I took another nap (I love weekends!) and now am going to vacuum and tackle some more of the taxes before Kim's service starts.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home