dazed
There was a crank call in the middle of the night on the land line.
What amused me was my response.
Waking out of a deep sleep I first check my cell phone because that is my alarm clock. I realize that it isn't it.
My second thought is it is the vacuum. I am not sure what sort of thinking my poor sleep addled brain was firing on, but I somehow I landed on VACUUM.
Anyway I finally figure out it is the phone and answer it.
Because it is the middle of the night and might be important, obviously!
But the person calling I don't know and in my sleep addled state I think the guy is from a Nigerian scam.
So I'm trying to explain to him that it is the middle of the night. (Because clearly Nigerian scams should be operating in the daytime!) Then I hang up. And unplug the phone so he can't call back again.
I was feeling better today despite the night awakening and was back at work.
What amused me was my response.
Waking out of a deep sleep I first check my cell phone because that is my alarm clock. I realize that it isn't it.
My second thought is it is the vacuum. I am not sure what sort of thinking my poor sleep addled brain was firing on, but I somehow I landed on VACUUM.
Anyway I finally figure out it is the phone and answer it.
Because it is the middle of the night and might be important, obviously!
But the person calling I don't know and in my sleep addled state I think the guy is from a Nigerian scam.
So I'm trying to explain to him that it is the middle of the night. (Because clearly Nigerian scams should be operating in the daytime!) Then I hang up. And unplug the phone so he can't call back again.
I was feeling better today despite the night awakening and was back at work.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home