Friday, April 25, 2014

mulcair

Thomas Mulcair was in Kingston today. As he is one of James' favorite political figures I picked him up early from school and we went to the 4pm lecture at Queen's. As we were walking down, James had second thoughts. He said he didn't want to go, that he wanted to go home. I tried to understand why he didn't want to go, but he couldn't tell me. I finally convinced him just to go for a bit and then leave if he wanted to. It was certainly a struggle to get him there but once he was there, he had a good time. When I asked him afterwards why he was so apprehensive- was it that he was worried about the unknown? He said yes.
What helped was that when we arrived one of my course TAs Brendan was there. Brendan has lots of experience with Science Quest and so is really great with kids so James warmed up to him right away. James wanted to sit beside Brendan at the lecture. Then Graham came and sat with us and we had a whole APSC 100 row!
The first bit of introductions and awards, I thought James was getting ready to bolt but as soon as Mulcair started, James enjoyed it. Mulcair didn't talk for too long- it was just right.

I need to go to bed now so I can get up early to go shopping- assuming I can get there through the construction!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home