exponential
I am expecting an exponential decrease in the number of emails as the students leave the campus for the holiday. Considering they started leaving yesterday. A lot of work rescheduling so many things for the missing Monday. Would be easier if the term started earlier and they gave them a week for Thanksgiving.
Woke up this morning around 4am but couldn't figure out why- I thought it was around 6 but hey I get bonus hours today!
I have the project groups for next term pretty much done up and ready to send out, just waiting for someone else to write a blurb that I need to send out.
My mother asked about the mental health training. It was run by the director of Health Counselling and it was a lot about taking the stigma out of mental health. Letting them know what sort of things to look for if it looks like a student may be experiencing difficulty in the mental health arena. He suggested looking for changes in behavior. If you have odd behaviour but it is consistent that is not as much of a red flag as changing behaviour. When talking to people he suggested focusing on the behaviour rather than the person. And he said people sometimes don't want to intervene for fear of making it worse. He suggested that as long as you are coming from a place of caring you won't make things worse.
Woke up this morning around 4am but couldn't figure out why- I thought it was around 6 but hey I get bonus hours today!
I have the project groups for next term pretty much done up and ready to send out, just waiting for someone else to write a blurb that I need to send out.
My mother asked about the mental health training. It was run by the director of Health Counselling and it was a lot about taking the stigma out of mental health. Letting them know what sort of things to look for if it looks like a student may be experiencing difficulty in the mental health arena. He suggested looking for changes in behavior. If you have odd behaviour but it is consistent that is not as much of a red flag as changing behaviour. When talking to people he suggested focusing on the behaviour rather than the person. And he said people sometimes don't want to intervene for fear of making it worse. He suggested that as long as you are coming from a place of caring you won't make things worse.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home