out of the ashes
The first day of advent.
I had to pick up a few things from Loblaws around 9am- it was already very busy.
Walking home I was passing by an apartment building when I heard a bang and I could see one of the windows vibrate. It must have been a door slamming very hard. A few seconds later Mr. Angry-Pants exited the building. He was carrying a backpack that was still open so he was obviously leaving in a hurry. He put the back pack in his truck, got in and peeled out of the parking lot, leaving lots of his tire behind on the ground. I'm glad I was not driving on the road with Mr. Angry-Pants today.
Then I headed over to the old house and did some trimming of the rose bushes. I went inside and found that the last viewing had left quite a mess in the bathroom. I didn't have time to clean it up before I left for Rustle. Ewww.
At Rustle, Al introduced Advent as the season of reflection. Apparently, he raided the mirror factory to do this.
I stopped at Shoppers on the way home and found a Phineas and Ferb DS game that James did not have on sale so I snapped that up!
Today I thought about 2 friends of mine who have just come through some very bad and difficult times and are now in much better places than they were even a few months ago. I see them as having risen out of the ashes and am so glad. Hoping they enjoy the phoenix flight!
This evening my email exploded as we have presentations starting tomorrow at 8:30am and of course all manner of things need dealing with. A lot of the instruction team has been online too. That's what is great about the course- everyone is very committed! I have a couple more essays (for yet another course) to review and then I will head to bed. Up at 5:30am to get in early to prepare for the presentations tomorrow!
I had to pick up a few things from Loblaws around 9am- it was already very busy.
Walking home I was passing by an apartment building when I heard a bang and I could see one of the windows vibrate. It must have been a door slamming very hard. A few seconds later Mr. Angry-Pants exited the building. He was carrying a backpack that was still open so he was obviously leaving in a hurry. He put the back pack in his truck, got in and peeled out of the parking lot, leaving lots of his tire behind on the ground. I'm glad I was not driving on the road with Mr. Angry-Pants today.
Then I headed over to the old house and did some trimming of the rose bushes. I went inside and found that the last viewing had left quite a mess in the bathroom. I didn't have time to clean it up before I left for Rustle. Ewww.
At Rustle, Al introduced Advent as the season of reflection. Apparently, he raided the mirror factory to do this.
I stopped at Shoppers on the way home and found a Phineas and Ferb DS game that James did not have on sale so I snapped that up!
Today I thought about 2 friends of mine who have just come through some very bad and difficult times and are now in much better places than they were even a few months ago. I see them as having risen out of the ashes and am so glad. Hoping they enjoy the phoenix flight!
This evening my email exploded as we have presentations starting tomorrow at 8:30am and of course all manner of things need dealing with. A lot of the instruction team has been online too. That's what is great about the course- everyone is very committed! I have a couple more essays (for yet another course) to review and then I will head to bed. Up at 5:30am to get in early to prepare for the presentations tomorrow!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home