Too much supernanny
This post probably won't make sense unless you've watched Supernanny at least once.
Supernanny wasn't on today but it has been on Friday evenings. When James found out it was not on he suggested we play a game called "timeout".
First he pretended to push me.
So I gave him a "warning".
Then he said "5 minutes later" and he pretended to push me again.
So I had to put him in "Timeout", which he groused about going into (as do all the kids on the show)
Then he said "8 minutes later"
And I asked him what he was put in timeout for. He said for pushing me.
Then I said that he needed to apologize and he said no.
I told him he would have to stay in timeout until he said he was sorry. And he said "Sorry" with the same attitude that the kids on the show sometimes have (they know they have to say it but might not REALLY be sorry)
Then I told him it was time for hugs and kisses. Normally he is quite resistant to those sorts of things. (and to pink, he is quite resistant to pink) But I told him that supernanny said he couldn't get out of timeout unless he did "hugs and kisses" and so I got a hug.
Not a bad game really but I can't see why James likes it so much!
Supernanny wasn't on today but it has been on Friday evenings. When James found out it was not on he suggested we play a game called "timeout".
First he pretended to push me.
So I gave him a "warning".
Then he said "5 minutes later" and he pretended to push me again.
So I had to put him in "Timeout", which he groused about going into (as do all the kids on the show)
Then he said "8 minutes later"
And I asked him what he was put in timeout for. He said for pushing me.
Then I said that he needed to apologize and he said no.
I told him he would have to stay in timeout until he said he was sorry. And he said "Sorry" with the same attitude that the kids on the show sometimes have (they know they have to say it but might not REALLY be sorry)
Then I told him it was time for hugs and kisses. Normally he is quite resistant to those sorts of things. (and to pink, he is quite resistant to pink) But I told him that supernanny said he couldn't get out of timeout unless he did "hugs and kisses" and so I got a hug.
Not a bad game really but I can't see why James likes it so much!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home