In the storm
Today was a pretty long day what with the 5am start for the 7am hockey game.
They lost the game but they were the last Kingston team standing so they did pretty well!
The boys met me at Loblaws after the game. There were other hockey families in Loblaws at that time. The only ones spirited enough to be up so early on Sun am.
I took James to Church shortly after we got back. We worked on an email he wanted to write to his friend to invite them to a ball hockey tournament that he is planning. Always the planner that boy.
The service started with "Run" (Snow Patrol's). I really like that song.
James and I sat near the back as I was expecting some people from work who were going to drop something off for me after their Church finished.
Sam started his sermon off with a movie clip in which a guy gets trapped under a boulder and has to cut his arm off to survive (based on a true story). Sam picked out the parts that highlight the importance of water. I though it also showed the value in asking for help.
Sam then spoke from John 4 about the woman and the well and spiritual water. Bob N and Hez also spoke on worshipping in the spirit.
Bob talked about the importance being based in love and Hez talked about how worshipping in the spirit is also shown through how we act.
Then my expected guests showed up. James saw them pull up so I went to the front door to greet them. They came to sit down for the last few minutes. They were confused by the new chairs for a brief second. The new chairs are really amazing but they are like seats in the cinema and require you to push down on them first. It is funny that people would not know this, but there you go. I took some pics of the chairs today and will post soon.
After the service was done, I expected they would experience some of the uniqueness of Rustle. Carolyn found them first, which was a good thing. And it all went well until James and Bob N. got involved in shaving cream fight and John P. needed me to fix the photocopier. Luckily the problem with the photocopier was not shaving cream related.
Rustle can be a lot to take in because it is so busy so I think they were a bit overloaded but I think they enjoyed themselves.
My nose is currently overloaded but I am unsure if it is a cold or allergies. James is the same way. I used lots of Vicks tonight in case that would help.
They lost the game but they were the last Kingston team standing so they did pretty well!
The boys met me at Loblaws after the game. There were other hockey families in Loblaws at that time. The only ones spirited enough to be up so early on Sun am.
I took James to Church shortly after we got back. We worked on an email he wanted to write to his friend to invite them to a ball hockey tournament that he is planning. Always the planner that boy.
The service started with "Run" (Snow Patrol's). I really like that song.
James and I sat near the back as I was expecting some people from work who were going to drop something off for me after their Church finished.
Sam started his sermon off with a movie clip in which a guy gets trapped under a boulder and has to cut his arm off to survive (based on a true story). Sam picked out the parts that highlight the importance of water. I though it also showed the value in asking for help.
Sam then spoke from John 4 about the woman and the well and spiritual water. Bob N and Hez also spoke on worshipping in the spirit.
Bob talked about the importance being based in love and Hez talked about how worshipping in the spirit is also shown through how we act.
Then my expected guests showed up. James saw them pull up so I went to the front door to greet them. They came to sit down for the last few minutes. They were confused by the new chairs for a brief second. The new chairs are really amazing but they are like seats in the cinema and require you to push down on them first. It is funny that people would not know this, but there you go. I took some pics of the chairs today and will post soon.
After the service was done, I expected they would experience some of the uniqueness of Rustle. Carolyn found them first, which was a good thing. And it all went well until James and Bob N. got involved in shaving cream fight and John P. needed me to fix the photocopier. Luckily the problem with the photocopier was not shaving cream related.
Rustle can be a lot to take in because it is so busy so I think they were a bit overloaded but I think they enjoyed themselves.
My nose is currently overloaded but I am unsure if it is a cold or allergies. James is the same way. I used lots of Vicks tonight in case that would help.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home