Thursday, December 18, 2008

Wrestling with Tigerlily

Yesterday, James' school had an open house. There were cookies for the kids to decorate and James' class sang some songs for the teachers. Then we went down to the gym to hear the primary choir sing.
I got to meet Austin and his parents. James had a lot of problems with Austin at the start of the year. I don't think they get on too well. When I met Austin's parents, it was very obvious (to me) why Austin is the way he is.
There are a lot of things about James that are definitely only attributable to nature, not nurture. Like the hockey. But nurture does certainly play a result in the end product. Though nurture seems to have no effect on hockey. There's a nurture blocking bubble around that.

After the school, I went to Lesley's birthday party, which was heaps of fun with lots of ladies, cats and even Tigerlily (read Sarah and Pauls blog for this reference). I got an invite to Carolyn's potluck on Tuesday. We have the Rustle dinner on Wed. and I am doing a dinner with Kim and Zully on Thursday. So I'll be well fed while the boys are away!
When Lesley introduced me at the party, she introduced me as a Rustler. But apparently instead of hearing Rustler, some people heard 'wrestler', and asked if I really was a wrestler? Which was pretty funny, because probably the only lady in the place that I could take down was Tigerlily and she's not born yet.
Thanks for getting a year older, so as to have an awesome party Les!

1 Comments:

Blogger rab said...

You don't ever have to be invited to Tuesday suppers at the Butlers. Just come. Everyone's welcome. One warning, though. We usually run out of the good stuff, so come early or you'll end up raiding the fridge for sandwich meat.

December 19, 2008 at 8:58:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home