Thursday, December 11, 2008

Slipping and sliding no more

Well, that's not quite true as everything seems to still be quite slippery, but there is HOPE for my car as Canadian Tire had 17 winter tires left in my size. 4 of them, I now own. I am not quite sure why they have an odd number because surely people buy tires in pairs or 4s, but anyway the car has an appointment on Saturday at 5pm to get its new non-slip wheels.
James has hockey on Saturday before that, so we'll have to hope that the roads aren't too bad. Oh, and the frontenacs game on Friday. The game is the teddy bear toss. I want to get a teddy bear that supports a cause (like an illness or literacy or homelessness) but I don't know any selling teddys- any ideas?

2 Comments:

Blogger eija said...

Hmm, I don't think this helps you as it's in Finland - but we have an association that supports Children's hospitals (see http://www.kummit.fi/index.php?id=103). Their mascot is a bear called Teemu - according to the Finnish hockey player Teemu Selänne - and that bear is available as a stuffed toy too.

The webshop is only in Finnish, but the link is here:
http://kauppa.kummit.com/epages/Kaupat.sf/fi_FI/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Kummit/Products/108/SubProducts/108-0001

December 13, 2008 at 2:12:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

laughing at Teemu bear ....

and as for the tyres ...well maybe someone had a blow out and had to replace only one (or maybe they just can't count!) ...

glad to hear you'll be safer on the roads from 5pm on ..:)

December 14, 2008 at 3:40:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home