Back from Tripping

This is myself, James and Oma at a restaurant we went to as a family.

James wore out uncle nat by playing soccer with him. We teased him about being beaten by a 5 year old.

James wore Uncle Nat's old soccer jersey's most of the trip.

We walked on a path that is now parkland but used to be the dump when I was growing up.

James liked to help Oma... a bit.

James enjoyed dancing in the sprinkler.

A giant willow tree had fallen at happy rolphs animal farm. Hope it didn't fall on any animals. That wouldn't be very happy would it?

James face to face with a goat at Happy Rolphs.

Grandad taught James to play chess. Though James understands the pieces I don't think he really grasped the concept due to too much checkers playing. All he wants to do is 'take' all the pieces off the board. If you look at the picture carefully, you may be able to see that one of the kings is missing. It had already been 'taken'. He said something about the point of the game being to get all the guys off the board and I told him I thought the point was to get the king in checkmate. He said ok and was better about it after that, but not much. He's 5 so my expectations weren't that high!

James really wanted a picture of the lake by hamilton. It was just as the sun was rising and into the sun, so I thought the picture wouldn't turn out, but it is one of my favorites from the trip.

2 Comments:
love the one from the train:)
and spluttered with laughter at the happy farm comment :) You crack me up!
Fabulous pics
Post a Comment
<< Home