Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Bye bye birdies

I hung out with Kim this evening. We went to her Church and then she came by my house to pick up our birdies for their 'vacation'. James was still awake when we came in and he was happy to see all of us. I got a big hug from him. Sweet boy. I had explained to him earlier about the birds going on vacation and he was o.k. with it, but when it came to rubber meets the road time, he shed some tears asking if they were going to come back. (Rachel, I don't think this is the type of boy who will beat squirrels as in your awful, awful story.)
When I assured him that they would come back, he was o.k.
Then I put him back to bed and talked over what would be in store tomorrow and he happily fell asleep.

Kim's Church is a very interesting space to be in. The pastor is teaching about using gifts from God for God. He talked about how God uses imperfect people (because we all are imperfect) to work His Perfect work. And how God KNOWS us and so He gives us spiritual gifts that suit us.

Tomorrow I have to head down to the bank to sort out a minor problem with our mortgage, then finish packing the food, then figure out how we are getting to the station. We have to be there an hour before the train leaves to check the bagage. James didn't much like waiting for Lorna's train, but he never seems to mind waiting for his own. Hopefully, a lot of freight trains go by while we are waiting. He likes those.

Myron is hoping to take the computer in to the store tomorrow so I may not have a computer to post on. I probably wouldn't have time anyway, so I'll say goodbye now. Off to a week out East. (Glad to hear Carl is home Bea!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Perhaps James is a bit like my dad - a real animal lover. He looked after baby racoons and crows as a child and is a devoted keeper of canaries now. He told me that he once killed some sort of animal as a child (shot it, I think. Can't remember what sort of animal) and he cried. Never killed another animal in his life. You should hear the way he talks to his birds!

June 20, 2006 at 10:13:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home