Friday, February 24, 2006

Boom!

I was working on getting dinner in the slow cooker - (Mexican steak) when suddenly the power went out and I heard 'BOOM'. I thought it was strange that the boom came after the power failure because you would think the boom would have caused the power failure. At least that was my first thought. But then I also (being a physicist) realized that the speed of light (or power) is faster than the speed of sound. So it could be that the boom caused the power failure and I just HEARD it after. The power came back on fairly quickly so I could make my dinner:) Shortly thereafter I heard sirens. The sirens were to the south of me and must have come from the south end emergency stations. About 5 minutes later a fire truck from the north end fire station came careening down Nelson St. heading south. I guess they needed reinforcements!
Last Friday, we had a windstorm. Not like Rita but still. We lost a piece of siding from the house and a piece of our dilapitated garage fell off. Will take some pictures today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home