Thursday, May 26, 2005

The Melancholy Child

Well, being sick and incapacitated for the morning has allowed me to read a bit of a book anyway.
I am feeling a bit better now, trying to keep some solids down.

The book I was reading is called "The Personality Tree" by Florence Littauer. She divides personalities in 4 categories:
Sanguine Personality (The talker)
Choleric Power (The worker)
Phlegmatic Peace (The mediator) and
Melancholy Perfection (The Thinker)

Reading the descriptions of the personalities, Myron is definately a Melancholy and I am definately a Choleric. James seems to be a mix of the 2, leaning more toward the Melancholy. The book gives suggestions how to parent each type of child and suggestions for each parent type. For a Melancholy child, they suggest it is very important to teach him how to express his feelings as this is the personality type most likely to do this and end up depressed.

James called Oma to say he wanted to blow out the candles on her cake. He was ready to leave right away to head to her place to accomplish this. (not that we could)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home