Wrap-up
The week sped by as a blur!
On Monday we had our work lunch at Jack Astors and I had a divine chicken and bacon sandwich. It was very good.
I was working hard at work to try to make sure everything is ready for next term. It won't be, but I'll get as close as I can.
I also read the book "Babylon Sisters" by Pearl Cleage and found these 2 quotes that I really liked:
After one character has tried buying up property to give poor people a place to live and found in most cases they left it in disrepair and did not pay him.
"Trying to change poor people's lives is never as glamorous or inspirational as they make it when some do-gooders get the central role in a Hollywood movie"
On War and conflict:
"There are always a million answers- the generals and rebels make sure of that- but when you really think about it, there's no good reason to try to kill as many people as you can, for as long as you can, until the ones who are left surrender their lives, or their resources, or their culture, or their self-respect, or their ancestors, or their spirits, or their oil, until they get strong enough to throw you off their backs and the whole cycle starts all over again"
On Monday we had our work lunch at Jack Astors and I had a divine chicken and bacon sandwich. It was very good.
I was working hard at work to try to make sure everything is ready for next term. It won't be, but I'll get as close as I can.
I also read the book "Babylon Sisters" by Pearl Cleage and found these 2 quotes that I really liked:
After one character has tried buying up property to give poor people a place to live and found in most cases they left it in disrepair and did not pay him.
"Trying to change poor people's lives is never as glamorous or inspirational as they make it when some do-gooders get the central role in a Hollywood movie"
On War and conflict:
"There are always a million answers- the generals and rebels make sure of that- but when you really think about it, there's no good reason to try to kill as many people as you can, for as long as you can, until the ones who are left surrender their lives, or their resources, or their culture, or their self-respect, or their ancestors, or their spirits, or their oil, until they get strong enough to throw you off their backs and the whole cycle starts all over again"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home