When technology conspires
I didn't finish a report I had hoped to at work so I sent it to myself at home to work on. I downloaded it, saving it often. Finished the file, saved it, closed it (because my email requires the file to be closed before it can be attached), tried to attach it to my email and it was GONE. So I was like, no problem I'll just open Excel and look in the recent documents and find out where I saved it. It's not in the recent documents. At that point I knew something was really wrong. The last thing saved is always in recent documents. I checked the "Downloads" folder as that is where files used to default to if I forgot to save them in another folder. I did a search because I knew the title of the file but the search turned up nothing.
So I go and watch survivor and figure I will try again later. There's a power failure halfway through. So now I can't watch survivor and if there was anything recoverable I figured it would be gone.
But I was wrong. I went through all the steps of the download and found my file in some hidden unsearchable folder. Glad of that, but still weird as my computer hadn't done that to me before!
So I go and watch survivor and figure I will try again later. There's a power failure halfway through. So now I can't watch survivor and if there was anything recoverable I figured it would be gone.
But I was wrong. I went through all the steps of the download and found my file in some hidden unsearchable folder. Glad of that, but still weird as my computer hadn't done that to me before!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home