Saturday, November 09, 2013

first flurry



We had a brief flurry yesterday (you can see the slight accumulation on the picnic table in the picture). James was VERY excited! Guess he likes snow.

Today seemed like a pretty long day. I went grocery shopping at 7am, then got ready for the day and put dinner in the slow cooker because I had to go to an open house at work. It's a chicken stew that I've been quite pleased with. I use:
leftover (cooked) chicken
Chicken broth- 2 cups (or more if you want it more soup-y)
Tomatoes- cut up (I tried using canned tomatoes once, but it wasn't good- use real ones)
Pepper (good to use up peppers if you have some and aren't sure what to do)
Can white kidney beans (rinsed)
Can corn (drained)
Taco sauce (2 packages)- When I buy the "meal" taco packages that include shells, seasoning and taco sauce I never use the sauce as it makes the tacos too runny, so I use it instead in my chicken stew.

Cook on low for 5 or more hours. It is great with tostito chips or bread. So yummy. I made such a big pot it will cover a few days.

On another note- after all that marketing of gardasil this comes out:
http://www.feelguide.com/2013/07/16/lead-developer-of-hpv-vaccines-comes-clean-warns-parents-young-girls-its-all-a-giant-deadly-scam/

Today I got on top of Christmas- made travel plans and ordered James the gingerbread man cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home