frizz
james rules (James wrote that)
James was up in the night again last night. I guess it is taking him some time to settle after camp.
He had a quiet day today. I was busy at work. I got a list of transfer students and am trying to sort out my part of their schedule.
Watched the Bach and thought it was very interesting. Different at least. We'll have to see what next week holds.
I am somewhat amused at the misinformation that sometimes goes on the FB page for incoming students. Not the Engineering one as our faculty is small enough to keep things relatively consistent and our students are good about sharing, but the main all-faculty incoming student page is a very busy page. A lot of what they post is very good but sometimes they don't think. So a course is full and someone suggests emailing the department (which isn't a bad idea, I suppose) but some of the reasoning they have is they couldn't get into a SPAN class and they emailed the department and they put them in. Like their experience is universal? In this case the class is in a 289 seat AUD and has a 289 capacity and is full. Where would the department put them? There are no seats! Clearly not thought through. So tonight all these people will be emailing the dept and tomorrow they will all get rejection emails! Encouraging emails is not always helpful- there is a reason there is a class limit normally!
James was up in the night again last night. I guess it is taking him some time to settle after camp.
He had a quiet day today. I was busy at work. I got a list of transfer students and am trying to sort out my part of their schedule.
Watched the Bach and thought it was very interesting. Different at least. We'll have to see what next week holds.
I am somewhat amused at the misinformation that sometimes goes on the FB page for incoming students. Not the Engineering one as our faculty is small enough to keep things relatively consistent and our students are good about sharing, but the main all-faculty incoming student page is a very busy page. A lot of what they post is very good but sometimes they don't think. So a course is full and someone suggests emailing the department (which isn't a bad idea, I suppose) but some of the reasoning they have is they couldn't get into a SPAN class and they emailed the department and they put them in. Like their experience is universal? In this case the class is in a 289 seat AUD and has a 289 capacity and is full. Where would the department put them? There are no seats! Clearly not thought through. So tonight all these people will be emailing the dept and tomorrow they will all get rejection emails! Encouraging emails is not always helpful- there is a reason there is a class limit normally!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home