Saturday, May 18, 2013

Topsy turvy

Yesterday was my first day focused on my own job for a while and I made some progress but not as much as I had hoped. There was a situation that came up that required immediate attention so I ended up leaving work late.

But there were some positive steps- I managed to take a walk during the day. The weather was nice, though warmer by a couple of degrees would have been a touch better.

Though during the walk I was crossing a one way street. The cars on the street head west and there was a guy making a left turn (so he would have been heading east). I didn't see him at first. I heard a bus honk but I didn't know what he was honking at. I was merrily crossing the street and then I saw him. Not only was he trying to make a left onto a street going the wrong way, he was trying to make it over a pedestrian. He pulls up about a couple of meters from me and looks at me, annoyed. I point to the sign and politely let him know that the street is one way the other way and he backs out and goes to the next street. Better than the lady in the hijab driver that I saw a couple of days ago that didn't even stop at the red light, just made her left turn (missing me also by a meter).

Today I hope to accomplish a lot around the house. Happy long weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home