Tuesday, February 26, 2013

indeed

I expected a difficult day, and it did not fail to deliver. Nothing like planning for the right day.

Tomorrow should go better- I need to run a midterm conflict report for next weeks midterm and send them off and then I need to spend a lot of time loading the graded essays on to the course website to get them back to the students.

There is a storm that is to blow in this evening so we'll see if the kids get a snow day tomorrow. Not the university, of course. Apparently twitter indicates that the snow has started in Burlington so in a few hours it should be here.

I got Mike an apple pie for all the counseling he has been doing for us. When I worked at the Registrar, I always felt very honoured to be the only person from the Registrar invited to the goodbye parties and such that they had over there. I fit in better there than at the Registrar. Though who can't fit in a room of counselors? Now I don't see Mike and his team very much anymore as this job doesn't have the same connection.

I am not great about getting people gifts as I find it difficult to pick things out without knowing what people like. I never want to get the wrong thing so I generally just don't get anything at all unless I really know the person or the person tells me what they like. Mike told me he likes apple pies, so that helps me immensely. Some people are gifted at giving gifts but that is not me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home