Sunday, May 06, 2012

trainer

Yesterday I stood for about 4 hours in one spot at an information fair for students. This was very interesting, mostly because of the other people I met who were manning booths at the information fair. So it was a very good introduction to my new role. I was pretty stiff by the end though.

Then I came home and made dinner. (easy- pasta!)

Then my 'personal trainer' tells me that our new regimen is 'one hour of exercise a day'. So we went to Compton park and played various sports/games. We started with baseball, then went to soccer. But the soccer ball he brought this time was a '5' compared to the '4' he brought for the hour of exercise the day before. This meant it was bigger and heavier and harder to kick. I am not sure if my sore feet today are from the 4 hours of standing or from the time I spent kicking that ball. Then there was a game he called 'king of the castle'. He set up the 4 pylons as a 'castle' and the goal of the game was that the 'attacker' had to kick the tennis ball and knock a pylon and the 'defender' had to guard the pylons and protect them. When we started the game, I was the attacker and he was the defender. The first kick that I had, I knocked over a pylon. James was so surprised! But I think it was just blind luck- I was not that successful as the game continued.

James went to the playtrium with AJ while I was at work (kindof a birthday thing). We are also working on planning a little party with his hockey friends. It was going to be Friday night but it turned out that James has a hockey game that night. It can't be Sat night because Duncan has to go to his sisters gym finale. Sunday is not good because of mother's day. I tried sat lunchtime but Jordan has another lunch to attend. James doesn't want to move it to the weekend after because that is "too far from my birthday" but the options are running out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms Hen's said...

Good sports.. great exercising.

I can walk for hours; but have a hard time standing for hours (which they say is actually unhealthy .. bad for the legs circulations to stand for hours.. get varicose veins.. bad ones.. if done for years).

I had a job I had to quit because o standing for 4 hours a few times a week... And others could stand for 10 hours without complaining..

You sound great..!!!!!

May 7, 2012 at 8:37:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home