Thursday, March 02, 2006

Pick me up early

James and I had a nice James and Momma day yesterday. We started the day by reading Matt. 6 (the reading for Sunday). James played some video games while I washed the dishes. I was a day behind in the dishes. And yes, he really can play video games- but they are kind of educational ones- his fathers son anyway.We made Rice Krispie Squares. I ironed and he played in his 'birdcage' which is right by the ironing board. We had lunch, watch 'Judge Judy'. He watched some 'Corner Gas' while I read a cookbook. We cleaned a bit. Then I went to make supper and he had a pretend 'fire' in his room- which entailed him throwing ALL his clothes all over the room as well as my entire box of books that I just got from bookcloseouts.com. Then drove all his trucks into the room to build a pipe to rescue them I suppose. I made BBQ chicken pizza which turned out well. I did not do the dishes again! (I did a couple of loads during the day and got worn out I guess) Then I did his bedtime routine. When he was out I watched Criminal Minds and CSI NY, then went to bed reading 'Crazy as Chocolate' - one of my new books. I fell asleep around 11:30, woke up at 2am when Myron finished playing his video game, woke at 3am when James called out to me- I think he wanted to know if it was morning- it wasn't so I didn't answer and he went back to sleep. He called again at 6am and I let him get up. I was heading out the door at 7am and he said to me 'Pick me up early so we can spend more time together'. I kid you not. Direct quote.
Tonight we're having the leftover BBQ chicken pizza and baking muffins for our breakfast with Al tomorrow morning. Also looking forward to Survivor.

2 Comments:

Blogger see-through faith said...

breakfast with your pastor. What heroes! (all of you)

March 2, 2006 at 3:25:00 PM EST  
Blogger Marlene said...

It sounds like a fun and busy day! I have a feeling that when we have kids they'll have a natural love of video games too. Scott has always been a video game nut and now his new (well, his renewed interest, really) is pinball. He spends a lot of time at the arcade and he's considering joining a pinball club. What a dork.

March 2, 2006 at 3:45:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home