Good bye Lorna!
We took Lorna to the train yesterday. I hope she has a good rest of the trip in Canada.
I thought James would enjoy being at the train station, but I guess waiting for someone else's train is not the same as waiting for one you get to go on. So we were on the bus when her train arrived, but we did get to see it go and then got to head straight home, which was good.
I have done more shopping with her than I probably have all year. I bought clothes (I generally have James with me so I don't because it's hard to look for things and try them on)
I bought books:
A novel- the Widow's Club by Joyce Livingston
2 Max Lucados- Cure for the Common Life and It's not about me
1 Cloud and Townsend that we didn't have (I'm currently reading their 'God will make a way'
Rick Warren- The purpose driven life
2 CDs-one recorded in England called live and unreserved that was produced by Matt Redman
-one from Vineyard Christian Fellowship Nashville that has hooked me on their song "Fall on Me"
I am swamped with work now to try to catch up on my life!
Myrons bike was stolen last Thursday.
We leave for Moncton in 2 weeks.
I thought James would enjoy being at the train station, but I guess waiting for someone else's train is not the same as waiting for one you get to go on. So we were on the bus when her train arrived, but we did get to see it go and then got to head straight home, which was good.
I have done more shopping with her than I probably have all year. I bought clothes (I generally have James with me so I don't because it's hard to look for things and try them on)
I bought books:
A novel- the Widow's Club by Joyce Livingston
2 Max Lucados- Cure for the Common Life and It's not about me
1 Cloud and Townsend that we didn't have (I'm currently reading their 'God will make a way'
Rick Warren- The purpose driven life
2 CDs-one recorded in England called live and unreserved that was produced by Matt Redman
-one from Vineyard Christian Fellowship Nashville that has hooked me on their song "Fall on Me"
I am swamped with work now to try to catch up on my life!
Myrons bike was stolen last Thursday.
We leave for Moncton in 2 weeks.

4 Comments:
There ought to be a law against stealing bikes.
Hi Aphra,
I would love your feedback on Cure for the Common Life by Max. I read this book recently and then told lots of people to read it. I really liked it.
I read your blog every time you post thanks to Bloglines (let's me know when there is a new one...) so I'm not sure if I missed you mentioning going to Moncton prior to this post.
Are you driving? Flying? How long are you there for? We are heading to PEI on July 25th. I am so excited. I hope you are looking forward to your trip although I know it involves visiting your mother in law..
Kath
Rab, I do belive there IS a law against stealing bikes. Myrons was very new. I guess we are at the start of the season so it's stealing time.
Kath- Thanks for your comment! I don't know anything about Bloglines, but it sounds useful.
We are taking the train to Moncton and are there for a week. Myrons mother is battling cancer.
I'll post more about the trip, I'm sure- I'm just reorienting myself to life. I hope to get a lot of reading done on the trip, but we'll see what plans James has for me!
There is a law against stealing bikes. It's called "thou shall not steal"
Aphra, Monckton will be over before you know it. I was in Canada for 2 weeks and a week with you and it sped by.
Oh and everyone - just for the record I a) did not buy much for myself and b) did not make Aphra buy anything - that said the new trousers etc she bought were very nice and I'm wishing I had bought more books when I was there (as the opportunity didn't arise at the end of my trip)
Hope the insurance will pay something towards a new bike for Myron, and a better bike. Though in Finland once I saw a railing missing as the theives had stolen the bike with the railing. Imagine that!
Post a Comment
<< Home