Is it raining on you?
This morning James and I went grocery shopping. Now, my arms are so sore from pushing the stroller that I thought I'd take a break for a minute!
We made it to the store before the rain started, but it was raining on the way back. James was all cozy with his stroller rain cover and he looked up at me and said 'Is it raining on you?'. Why, yes, it most certainly is.
He seems to be at the 'why' phase. We had numerous repeated conversations on the way that only involved James saying 'why' and me having to think a lot.
Today I'm planning on making a slow cooker lasagne for dinner and tomorrow cooking up a turkey breast in the slow cooker. I love my slow cooker. With the leftover turkey, I'll make a casserole.
But for today, my goals are simple. I'll start with getting the dinner in the cooker, then I have to do some serious dish washing (I'm way behind!). I'll try to tackel cleaning the bathroom while James has his bath (and boy he does need a bath!) that way I can watch him in the tub and be productive too. I'll also get some ironing done. He likes to play beside me when I iron. He has his own toy iron. When he goes to bed, I'll aim to wash the kitchen floor!
And that's the day plan. If it stops raining and clears up, I'll hang some laundry out too.
We made it to the store before the rain started, but it was raining on the way back. James was all cozy with his stroller rain cover and he looked up at me and said 'Is it raining on you?'. Why, yes, it most certainly is.
He seems to be at the 'why' phase. We had numerous repeated conversations on the way that only involved James saying 'why' and me having to think a lot.
Today I'm planning on making a slow cooker lasagne for dinner and tomorrow cooking up a turkey breast in the slow cooker. I love my slow cooker. With the leftover turkey, I'll make a casserole.
But for today, my goals are simple. I'll start with getting the dinner in the cooker, then I have to do some serious dish washing (I'm way behind!). I'll try to tackel cleaning the bathroom while James has his bath (and boy he does need a bath!) that way I can watch him in the tub and be productive too. I'll also get some ironing done. He likes to play beside me when I iron. He has his own toy iron. When he goes to bed, I'll aim to wash the kitchen floor!
And that's the day plan. If it stops raining and clears up, I'll hang some laundry out too.

2 Comments:
wow, your "simple goals" sound like a lot of work to me. i was tuckered out after just getting the grocery shopping done!
i'm interested in your slow cooker recipes. i've been thinking lately that i should start using my slow cooker again. but i don't have any really good recipes...
well, let's hope he doesn't have to push me to the mall for another 60 years or so. My grandparents are in their 90s and still walk to the mall. you can see where i get it.
i WAS focused at 9ish because i wanted to make it through my shopping before the rain. i got 1/2 way anyway.
Post a Comment
<< Home