Monday, February 06, 2006

No more pictures, no blog tonight

Well, the program I used to post the pictures below won't let me log on now, so it will be a few days before I can post some more. (though I do have more to post!- stay tuned)

Also, blogger is planning an outage for tonight so my blog may not be available anyway!

I have been having a quiet morning sending nasty emails to students and updating our website. (I don't mean to be nasty to the students but they bring it on themselves for doing stupid things- they are actually 'nice' nasty emails :)

This afternoon is our biggest class, thus I will be hopping all afternoon so it was nice to have a relatively relaxing morning.

Myron will be eating dinner on campus because on Mondays he works out with Steve after work and then in the evening goes to something called (I think) The invisible college. They are doing a series of 5 seminars on Monday nights in regards to Christians and Globalization. Today is : Global Locals: Coca-Cola, Coffee and Clothing
Illustrated talk and discussion led by Richard Ottenhof, Multatuli. I think the link for it is : http://www.nextchurch.com/nfblog/?p=96
Anyway, so James and I will have frozen pizza and hang out tonight.
I bought James a new book called 'Learning drills' that he really loves. He has been getting into activity type things like dot-to-dots, mazes and match type games and this book has all those things while teaching different skills. Like match the Captial letter to the small letter, etc. It's Kindergarten level and we have just started the Alphabet part (which he's pretty strong at) so he's doing really well and enjoying it. He's not too keen on writing, so we skip over any tracing pages, and any activities that are too difficult for him, I just adapt to something he can do. I'm really enjoying it too! When we finish the language arts pages, we move onto Math, then Science, then Social Studies. Sounds deep butthe activities are pretty fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger see-through faith said...

hope you defrosted the pizza!

(grin)

the book sounds very good. Glad you are both enjoying it. The trick is to stop while he's still interested, so he wants to do it the next day too.

hugs

February 8, 2006 at 4:30:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home